Thanksgiving is about spending time with family and friends, eating good food, and having a heart of gratitude. It’s a great time to reflect on all the blessings of the year and have fun and meaningful conversations!
One of my favorite traditions on Thanksgiving is after eating (way too much) delicious food, my family and I will sit in a circle in the living room and take turns going around and sharing one thing we are thankful for, or doing a “Conversation Starter” activity where we pick out a card with a question on it, answer it, and then pick someone else to answer it as well. Some of the questions are silly. Some of them are sentimental. And some of them are serious. But they give us an opportunity to bond and have a good conversation together!
If you are looking for a way to make your Thanksgiving even more special this year- try a Conversation Starter Activity! Who knows- you might even learn something fun about a family member or friend that you never knew!
Conversation Starter Questions:
- What are three things you are thankful for today?
- What is your favorite season of the year and why?
- What do you like most about the person sitting to your right?
- If you could eat only one food forever, what would it be?
- If you could have one superpower what would it be?
- What makes you happy when you are sad?
- If you create an invention, what would you invent?
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
- What’s one of your biggest fears?
- If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
- What makes you feel loved?
- If you could be any animal, what animal would you be, and why?
- What is one thing you can’t live without?
- What is your favorite smell in the whole world?
- What is one thing you are looking forward to next year?
- What is the best/worst thing about school or work for you?
- If you could only listen to one genre of music for one year, what would you listen to?
- What’s your favorite way to spend a rainy day?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What’s your favorite family activity to do together and why?
- What is your favorite day of the week and why?
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go?
- What is the most beautiful place you have been to?
- If you could be in any movie or TV show which one would you be in?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- Describe the person sitting to your left in three words.
- If you could change one thing in the world, what would it be?
- What is your favorite childhood memory or memory from this year?
May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones!