City Ministries CPA is hiring! Please read the job description below and send your cover letter and resume to HR@citymin.org if you are interested in this position.
Visitation Supervisor I
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of CMCPA Director, provide supervision and scheduling of child visits with case manager and serve as agency representative to biological family, CASA’s, social workers and any other parties to each child’s case during visit as needed or instructed by supervisor for City Ministries Child Placement Agency.
(1) Follow the child’s visit plan to coordinate and schedule visits as follows:
• Coordinate with Case Manager to set up visits.
• Develop a visit appointment calendar.
• Complete a visit report and submit to assigned case manager for review.
• Confirm any later scheduled visit if the client failed to attend the previous scheduled visit.
• Notify case manager of concerns involved in providing visits for the family.
• Remain impartial and objective always at visit.
• Be prepared to end visits for safety concerns.
• Staff individual cases if asked, with CMCPA team.
(2) Provide Transportation to Parent-Child Visits. If transportation is requested by DCYF, the
• Pick up the child at the child’s current residence or other agreed upon location;
• Transport the child to the scheduled visit;
• Return the child to an agreed upon location; and
(3) Provide visits as requested by DCYF at one of three levels of supervision, as follows:
• Supervised Visits – Direct Supervision (Highest level of supervision)
• Monitored Visits – Indirect Supervision (Next/second highest level of supervision)
• Unsupervised Visits (Least restrictive level of supervision)
(4) Follow all CMCPA policies & procedures with respect to visit supervision of visits, transportation and working with foster children. *Confidentiality
(5) Follow all policies as stipulated in CMCPA contract with DCYF Exhibit A (attached for employee reference). *Confidentiality of information & children’s privacy.
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret human service periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as percentages, mean, mode and median ability to interpret budgetary financial data.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. Will be required to drive daily in and around King County for meetings and/or visits to residential facilities. Will work in varied residential environments based on assigned caseload.
IV. EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field and 2 years paid relevant visitation supervision experience
• Must have and maintain a valid Washington Driver’s License, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
• Proof of current CPR/First Aid training certification.
• Proof of current Blood borne Pathogen/HIV Aids training certification.
• Must be a member of Churchome or any of its affiliated network churches.
1. Demonstrated ability to organize, plan and follow through with assigned tasks to meet both internal and external deadlines.
2. Ability to interact in a mature and professional manner.
3. Willing to work evenings and weekends to accommodate families who are not available unable to meet during regular working hours.
4. Some travel is required; ability to drive to homes with the assigned geographical area. Drives not typically exceeding 1-1/2 hours.
5. Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
6. Dependable transportation with valid driver’s license and proof of insurance required.
7. Successful completion of application and background check process also required, including reference checks, criminal background check, Washington MVR, and credit check.
V. EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS
Employees of City Ministries must comply with the policies, procedures, requirements and responsibilities set forth in the staff handbook and City Ministries’ other manuals and directives, as revised from time to time, including our Statement of Faith. These include, for example, attendance at the weekly staff meeting, lifestyle expectations and church attendance expectations.
Work Status: Hourly
Supervisor: Director of City Ministries Child Placement Agency
Staff Supervision: None